No Fee Unless We Recover Money For You

Call Today! 909.551.4040 / Se Habla Español

When the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance

car accident lawyer

After an accident, it’s common to stop and exchange insurance information with the other driver, then to work with the other driver’s insurance company to cover losses that your insurance does not cover or that are the fault of the other driver. But what do you do when the other driver has no insurance, or when their insurance doesn’t cover all of your losses? Worse, what do you do when the other driver flees the scene in a “hit and run,” leaving you with no idea who they were or who to contact?

An experienced lawyer can help you explore the following options:

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Your auto insurance policy may include coverage for uninsured/underinsured motorist accidents, if you chose to purchase this coverage. Uninsured/underinsured coverage pays for injury bills and property damage resulting from an accident in which another driver does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance to pay for all of the damages they caused, even after the limits of their policy are met. Your lawyer can help you determine whether you have this coverage, what its limits are, and how to get a full and fair settlement.

Contacting the Authorities

When a driver runs into you and then flees the scene, first call the police to report the “hit and run” accident. Leaving the scene of an accident isn’t just an inconvenience to you—it’s also a crime in California. The sooner you report the accident, the better chance police have of tracking down the other driver.

Then, contact an attorney. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage often covers the results of hit and run accidents as well, and it can help you even if you were a pedestrian or bicyclist at the time of the accident.

If you’ve been injured in an accident only to discover the other driver has no insurance, doesn’t have enough insurance to cover your needs, or has fled the scene before you can find out what their insurance coverage is, it’s time to start looking at alternative options for getting your losses covered. Fortunately, by working with an experienced California car accident lawyer, you can identify ways to ensure your needs are met.




Our founder, attorney Eric D. Paris, has represented injured people in Southern California for more than 22 years. Prior to founding The Paris Firm, Mr. Paris worked as an insurance defense lawyer, which gave him great insight to the insurance companies evaluation of claims and their tactics to minimize your recovery for your injury matter. You will personally meet with an attorney and your case will be handled by an attorney with the assistance of our paralegals and support staff.

2 We Have A Record of
Great Results

We are proud of our track record of results. We understand what your case is truly worth, and we will not advise you to settle for less than what you deserve.

3 We Care About
Our Clients

We develop personal relationships with our clients. We will get to know you and your family. At The Paris Firm, you will never be treated as a number or a case file. We have earned the trust of our clients by treating them the way we would treat a member of our own family. We get to know our clients on a personal level which allows us to best present your side to the jury.

5 We Will Get You The Medical Attention You
Need At No Cost To You

It is extremely important to obtain the right medical care after you suffer an injury. Sometimes it’s difficult to identify and find the type of specialist you need. The Paris Firm has a large network of medical specialists who can provide you the care you need with no out-of-pocket expense.

4 We Will Go To Trial To Get You
What You Deserve

Our goal is to obtain maximum financial compensation for our clients. Sometimes that means taking your case to Trial. You do not have to settle for a law firm that always settles out of court for less than a case is truly worth. When it is in your best interest, The Paris Firm will hire the best experts and utilize all of our resources and take your case to Trial and present your matter to a jury.

6 We Use Cutting Edge

You can rest assured that your legal matter will be handled with the highest degree of professionalism and care with our state of the art technology. Our firm uses cutting edge technology with software and presentation tools which enable us to make a compelling case on your behalf at trial or in mediation.