No Fee Unless We Recover Money For You

Call Today! 909.551.4040 / Se Habla Español

Can A Passenger in a Car Accident Sue?


While drivers are the most common victims of car accident injuries, anyone who is in a vehicle at the time of a crash can suffer serious harm. Passengers, like drivers, may be able to obtain compensation from a negligent driver or other party that caused a car accident.

Filing a Claim

An injured passenger may start the process by filing a claim with the driver’s insurance company—either the driver of the vehicle they were riding in, or the driver of another vehicle involved in the accident, depending on which driver appears more likely to be at fault for the accident. In some cases, a claim is filed with both insurance companies until an investigation determines who is at fault.

Building a Case

To file a claim, the passenger will need to get insurance information from both drivers. Other information, such as a copy of the police report and copies of medical bills and other evidence of expenses related to the crash, can also help build the injured passenger’s case. Keeping copies of bills, invoices, and pay stubs can help you establish your claim, as can gathering all the information you can at the scene of the accident


If one or both drivers were negligent in a way that caused the passenger’s injuries, the passenger may be entitled to compensation. Common types of damages passengers receive in California car accident claims include compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and repair of damaged property. It’s important to understand the full value of your claim so that you do not accept an insufficient settlement amount.

Working With an Attorney

If you’ve been injured as a passenger in a car accident, an experienced California car accident lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and pursue the compensation you need to meet current and future medical expenses, cover lost wages, and replace other losses you have suffered. Contact The Paris Firm today at 909.551.4040 to learn more.


The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney/client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.




Our founder, attorney Eric D. Paris, has represented injured people in Southern California for more than 22 years. Prior to founding The Paris Firm, Mr. Paris worked as an insurance defense lawyer, which gave him great insight to the insurance companies evaluation of claims and their tactics to minimize your recovery for your injury matter. You will personally meet with an attorney and your case will be handled by an attorney with the assistance of our paralegals and support staff.

2 We Have A Record of
Great Results

We are proud of our track record of results. We understand what your case is truly worth, and we will not advise you to settle for less than what you deserve.

3 We Care About
Our Clients

We develop personal relationships with our clients. We will get to know you and your family. At The Paris Firm, you will never be treated as a number or a case file. We have earned the trust of our clients by treating them the way we would treat a member of our own family. We get to know our clients on a personal level which allows us to best present your side to the jury.

5 We Will Get You The Medical Attention You
Need At No Cost To You

It is extremely important to obtain the right medical care after you suffer an injury. Sometimes it’s difficult to identify and find the type of specialist you need. The Paris Firm has a large network of medical specialists who can provide you the care you need with no out-of-pocket expense.

4 We Will Go To Trial To Get You
What You Deserve

Our goal is to obtain maximum financial compensation for our clients. Sometimes that means taking your case to Trial. You do not have to settle for a law firm that always settles out of court for less than a case is truly worth. When it is in your best interest, The Paris Firm will hire the best experts and utilize all of our resources and take your case to Trial and present your matter to a jury.

6 We Use Cutting Edge

You can rest assured that your legal matter will be handled with the highest degree of professionalism and care with our state of the art technology. Our firm uses cutting edge technology with software and presentation tools which enable us to make a compelling case on your behalf at trial or in mediation.