Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Clients in Orange County
If you have suffered a personal injury due to negligence, you are most likely feeling frightened and overwhelmed as you worry about your future and how you will be able to support yourself and your family. Mounting medical bills and other out-of-pocket expenses may cause considerable financial strain due to your inability to work as a result of the physical injuries that you have sustained.
If you have sustained personal injuries, you need to seek legal representation immediately. You may be entitled to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the negligent party that caused your injuries.
The Paris Law Firm has a vast amount of experience handling injury cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, fall accidents, and dog bites, among other personal injury cases.
In order to win a personal injury claim, you must be able to demonstrate that the at-fault party was negligent and that their carelessness directly caused you to suffer damages. Personal injury damages can include things like lost wages, pain and suffering, and costs related to medical expenses.
The Paris Law Firm is an Orange County personal injury firm in Southern California that has been proudly serving residents for many years. We have assisted many accident victims in recovering compensation for their personal injury cases.
Contact our personal injury attorneys and schedule a free initial consultation and case review. We will be happy to examine the facts surrounding your case and help you make a determination as to how to best proceed.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me After I Have Been Injured in a Vehicle Accident?
Sadly, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injuries in the United States. Sustaining a serious auto injury can result in an injury victim suffering from life-altering injuries that may prohibit them from working or being able to enjoy the activities that they were once able to participate in with their family.
Some of the many expenses that they may incur include:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Car repair bills
Under California law, the driver who is considered to be at fault for causing the car accident is liable to the other driver or passengers for any personal injuries or damages that they may suffer.
Fault is determined based on which driver was negligent and subsequently caused the accident. If both drivers are determined to be at fault, an injury victim may still be eligible to recover some amount of damages from the other driver.
At The Paris Law Firm, we have personal injury attorneys who have the necessary skill and experience to assist clients in filing a lawsuit when the insurance company attempts to undervalue or deny their claims.
Often the insurance company will attempt to blame the injury victim in order to avoid paying out substantial sums. Our personal injury lawyers have been highly successful in helping injury victims recover compensation and obtain the justice that they deserve.
If you have been involved in an auto accident, you may find it necessary to hire an Orange County personal injury lawyer who can negotiate and level the playing field with the insurance company in order to have them fully cover the damages that you have suffered. In some personal injury cases, it becomes necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit in order to receive a fair settlement.
What Type of Damages Can a Personal Injury Attorney Recover?
In automobile accidents, there are several different types of damages that a client may be able to recover. At The Paris Law Firm, we are proud to have a legal team of experienced personal injury attorneys who have the knowledge and experience necessary to make a solid legal decision as to which type of damages are appropriate for which to seek maximum compensation. They are:
Often these are referred to as “special damages” and are meant to compensate accident victims for out-of-pocket expenses that they have experienced and may include the following:
- Lost wages: This includes the wages that you lost due to having suffered serious injuries. It is important to have proper documentation to provide to your personal injury lawyer in order to prove that you have actually lost the money that you wish to claim in a lawsuit.
- Loss of earning capacity: In order to claim these types of damages, it must be determined that a plaintiff no longer has the ability to perform in their previous career due to the injuries they have suffered.
- Medical bills and related expenses: These include both past and future expenses such as hospital bills, physical therapy, prescription medications, and other medical treatment. In order to recover these damages, the plaintiff must be able to prove that the expenses are reasonable in cost, are medically necessary and that the defendant caused the injury for which they are seeking medical attention.
These are commonly referred to as non-economic damages and are sought in combination with compensatory damages. They cover such things as:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
Some of the factors that can influence the amount of compensation awarded to a plaintiff can be age, income, and occupation, along with the seriousness and permanency of the injuries.
Injured parties are eligible to file for punitive damages when they have been able to prove that the defendant acted with the intent of fraud, oppression, or any other type of malice.
The intent of punitive damages is to punish and attempt to deter future wrongful acts. When filing for punitive damages, the purpose is not to financially destroy the responsible party. Before these types of damages may be awarded, it is the responsibility of the plaintiff to demonstrate that the defendant has the ability to pay.
In order to determine what type of damages could potentially be awarded due to an accident or injury, personal injury victims need to hire a qualified personal injury attorney. Only an experienced personal injury attorney will have the experience that you need to determine damages for which you may be able to recover compensation. Not all personal injury lawyers have the necessary experience that victims need in order to successfully win their cases.
Contact one of our Orange County personal injury lawyers who will help you understand your rights and the options that you may have available.
What is Comparative Negligence?
Under the laws of the state of California, drivers may be subject to what is known as comparative negligence. This law states that more than one person may be held liable for damages, even if they are only partially responsible for the accident. It also allows for a victim to recover damages for accidents in which they were injured even if they were deemed to bear some portion of the fault for the accident.
If your case goes to trial, a jury will make a determination as to what degree the plaintiff’s carelessness contributed to the injuries. If the individual who is pursuing the injury claims is partially responsible for causing their own injuries, the damages that are awarded will subsequently be reduced by the plaintiff’s percentage of fault.
What Types of Financial Compensation Can I Receive From Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injuries are considered to be serious injuries with life-altering consequences. If you have been affected by a spinal cord injury, you need the assistance of a personal injury attorney who understands personal injury law and how it relates to cases such as these.
Under California law, individuals who suffer spinal cord injuries due to another person’s negligence can seek full compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. This includes the money that you have already spent along with future out-of-pocket expenses as well.
If your physical injuries have required you to need physical therapy, rehabilitation, prescription pain medicines, or other medical treatments, you are entitled to seek compensation to cover your costs related to these expenses for as long as necessary.
Some of the current and future economic damages that you may be able to recover after a spinal cord injury may include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages/lost earning capacity
- Physical and psychological therapy expenses
- Home and vehicle modification costs
- Other out-of-pocket expenses that are directly related to your injury
You may also be entitled to seek compensation for your non-economic damages such as emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, pain, and suffering, and loss of consortium.
Spinal cord injuries are serious injuries with life-changing consequences not only for the victim but for the entire family as well. Let an experienced attorney from The Paris Law Firm assist you in your time of need to help you receive the compensation that you deserve.
What Should I Do if I Am Injured in a Vehicle Accident?
If you find yourself involved in a vehicle accident, there are a few basic steps that you need to be aware of for your own safety and your physical well-being.
- Call 911 if there are any injuries. It is vitally important that you seek medical attention immediately if you have been injured. In addition, there may be more than one party who has been injured and also requires medical care.
- Call law enforcement. You will want to be certain to obtain a copy of the police report for your records. This can prove to be vital information if you later decide to pursue a claim.
- Obtain the necessary information from the other drivers involved, such as addresses, phone numbers, and driver’s license numbers. This also includes gathering information related to the license plate numbers and registration of the other vehicles.
- Gather evidence such as witnesses’ statements along with their names, addresses, and telephone numbers.
- If you have a phone or camera, be certain to take a significant number of photographs in which you thoroughly document the damage. Be certain to take pictures of the other vehicles involved, road hazards that may have been present, and factors such as weather and lighting conditions.
- Leave a note that contains all of the pertinent details of the accident if you cannot locate the property owner of a damaged vehicle or other property.
- Notify your insurance agent or insurance company immediately. If the damage exceeds $750.00, you are legally obligated to report the accident to the Department of Motor Vehicles within 10 days of the date of the accident. Failure to do so may result in your driver’s license being suspended.
- Contact an attorney who is qualified to handle your personal injury case. Do not leave your future in the hands of an inexperienced attorney who will not be able to protect your interests.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Orange County to Help Me With My Claim?
After you have been injured in an accident, you may not know which way to turn and who can give you the best representation through the legal process. The Paris Law Firm has been assisting personal injury clients in Orange County for over 20 years. We are proud of the proven track record that we have of successfully pursuing compensation for our injured clients.
When you hire an Orange County injury attorney from The Paris Law Firm, you can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to help you recover damages related to your car crash or whatever personal injury that you may have sustained.
As your Orange County, CA, personal injury lawyer, we have the ability and resources to investigate your accident, obtain medical records related to your physical injury, and send you to medical professionals who can give expert testimony as to the severity and duration of your personal injuries.
If your injury results in a possible long-term disability, leaving you unable to work and provide for your family, one of the experienced Orange County personal injury lawyers from the Paris Law Firm can offer you the resources you need to assist you through the legal process.
Oftentimes insurance companies will attempt to delay or deny claims. They may also try to undervalue a personal injury claim in an effort to avoid a big financial payout. Our personal injury lawyers are familiar with the often-deceitful tactics used by insurance companies, and we are committed to fighting for your rights.
You should be aware that many personal injury claims have a strict time limit imposed on when you can file a claim or civil lawsuit. This is especially true in cases of wrongful death. Therefore, time is of the essence in securing competent legal representation.
The Paris Law Firm is committed to serving the residents of Orange County and working to obtain the maximum amount of compensation possible for injury claims. If you have been injured in an auto accident or injured due to negligence caused by another person’s carelessness, speak to one of our qualified Orange County personal injury lawyers. Contact us by calling (909) 325-6185 and scheduling a free initial consultation and case review. We eagerly look forward to helping you in your time of need.