No Fee Unless We Recover Money For You

Call Today! 909.551.4040 / Se Habla Español

Drunk Driving Causes Half of Teen Accident Deaths, According to Study

teen-drunk-driving

Car accidents are the leading cause of death for U.S. residents ages 16-25, according to the CDC. However, research also indicates that in fully one-half of these accidents, alcohol or drug use played a key role.

Underage drinking – defined as drinking while under age 21 – is highly common. According to one study from the National Institutes of Health, 70 percent of 18-year-olds admit to drinking alcohol.

When a driver is under age 21, the only “legal limit” for blood alcohol concentration is zero. Nonetheless, alcohol is involved in 50 percent of all fatal teen car accidents. Of those accidents, 75 percent involved only alcohol, while the other 25 percent involved other drugs or alcohol in combination with other drugs.

Concerned about your teen driver? Here’s where to start:

  • Talk to your teen. Teens and young adults want to be more responsible – but they often need help gaining the perspective needed to make wise choices.
  • Discuss factors that can make driving dangerous. Drugs and alcohol are only two of the things that can make driving dangerous or even deadly. Talk about these, but also discuss ways to minimize distraction, the risks of driving while sleepy, and other potential problems. And don’t forget about prescribed or over the counter medications, which can make it just as difficult to drive.
  • Create an “escape plan.” If your teen is out with friends and faces pressure to drink, or to ride in a vehicle driven by someone who has been drinking, what safe options can they take to avoid an accident? Make sure they have what they need to call a taxi or take public transportation. Better yet, make yourself an option: If they need an “out,” they can call you and you’ll come pick them up – no questions asked.

Drunk or drugged driving causes serious accidents and injuries every year – and it can devastate lives. If you’ve been injured in a crash, don’t hesitate to contact an experienced California car accident lawyer who can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. To learn more, call The Paris Firm today at 909.551.4040.

The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney/client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.

WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE

OUR FIRM TO REPRESENT YOU?

1 YOUR CASE WILL BE HANDLED BY
AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY

Our founder, attorney Eric D. Paris, has represented injured people in Southern California for more than 22 years. Prior to founding The Paris Firm, Mr. Paris worked as an insurance defense lawyer, which gave him great insight to the insurance companies evaluation of claims and their tactics to minimize your recovery for your injury matter. You will personally meet with an attorney and your case will be handled by an attorney with the assistance of our paralegals and support staff.

2 We Have A Record of
Great Results

We are proud of our track record of results. We understand what your case is truly worth, and we will not advise you to settle for less than what you deserve.

3 We Care About
Our Clients

We develop personal relationships with our clients. We will get to know you and your family. At The Paris Firm, you will never be treated as a number or a case file. We have earned the trust of our clients by treating them the way we would treat a member of our own family. We get to know our clients on a personal level which allows us to best present your side to the jury.

5 We Will Get You The Medical Attention You
Need At No Cost To You

It is extremely important to obtain the right medical care after you suffer an injury. Sometimes it’s difficult to identify and find the type of specialist you need. The Paris Firm has a large network of medical specialists who can provide you the care you need with no out-of-pocket expense.

4 We Will Go To Trial To Get You
What You Deserve

Our goal is to obtain maximum financial compensation for our clients. Sometimes that means taking your case to Trial. You do not have to settle for a law firm that always settles out of court for less than a case is truly worth. When it is in your best interest, The Paris Firm will hire the best experts and utilize all of our resources and take your case to Trial and present your matter to a jury.

6 We Use Cutting Edge
Technology

You can rest assured that your legal matter will be handled with the highest degree of professionalism and care with our state of the art technology. Our firm uses cutting edge technology with software and presentation tools which enable us to make a compelling case on your behalf at trial or in mediation.